burgee command pennantnoun
Definition of burgee command pennant
: a personal command pennant flown by U.S. Naval vessels to denote an officer below flag rank commanding a division of warships or a major subdivision of an aircraft wing — compare broad command pennant
something valued as if it were money
Get Word of the Day daily email!
Love words? Need even more definitions?Merriam-Webster unabridged
Words at Play
Ask the Editors
- On Contractions of Multiple Words
- A Look at Uncommon Onomatopoeia
- Is Singular 'They' a Better Choice?
- Time Traveler Quiz: Which Word Came First? Take the quiz
- Slippery Words Quiz—Changing with the Times Take the quiz
- Name That Thing Take the quiz
- Word Winder's CrossWinder Play the game