Definition of bunny hugger
informal, usually disparaging
: an animal rights advocate or activist The benefit of a big snowpack is also about the only thing bunny huggers and redneck ranchers seem to agree on. — Roger Phillips, Idaho Statesman (Boise, Idaho), 6 Feb. 2011 Multiple attempts were made to destroy not only Carson's scientific credibility but also her personal reputation: she was a fanatic, she was a “bunny hugger”, she was a dangerous reactionary who would drag modern society backwards into a new Middle Ages filled with pests, vermin, crop destruction and lethal diseases. — Margaret Atwood, The Guardian (London), 8 Dec. 2012
Keep scrolling for more
to affect and impair by alcohol or a drug
Get Word of the Day daily email!
Love words? Need even more definitions?Merriam-Webster unabridged
Words at Play
Ask the Editors
- On Contractions of Multiple Words
- A Look at Uncommon Onomatopoeia
- Is Singular 'They' a Better Choice?
- Words from Greek and Latin Quiz Take the quiz
- Name That Thing: Animal Edition Take the quiz
- Spell It Take the quiz
- SCRABBLE® Sprint Play the game