bunk offphrasal verb
bunked off; bunking off; bunks off
Definition of bunk off
1 : to not go to (school, work, etc.) We used to bunk off school as kids.
2 : to leave early from school, work, etc. He bunked off early last Friday.
to form ideas or theories about something
Get Word of the Day daily email!
Love words? Need even more definitions?Merriam-Webster unabridged
Words at Play
Ask the Editors
- On Contractions of Multiple Words
- A Look at Uncommon Onomatopoeia
- Is Singular 'They' a Better Choice?
- Farm Idioms Quiz Take the quiz
- Up in the Sky: A Quiz Take the quiz
- True or False? Take the quiz
- SCRABBLE® Sprint Play the game