bum·bo | \ ˈbəm(ˌ)bō\
variants: or less commonly bombo \ ˈbäm- \
Definition of bumbo
(Entry 1 of 2)
: an alcoholic drink usually made with rum or gin, sugar, water, and sometimes spices
Definition of bumbo (Entry 2 of 2)
: a West African leguminous tree (Daniella thurifer) that is the chief West African source of copal and has a soft pleasant-scented and damp-resistant wood
Keep scrolling for more
Love words? Need even more definitions?Merriam-Webster unabridged
Words at Play
- 'Conscience' vs. 'Conscious': Let Us Be Your Guide
- Hot Enough for You? Words for the Summer Heat
- Where Does 'Run-of-the-Mill' Come From?
- The Provenance of 'Providence'
Ask the Editors
- On Contractions of Multiple Words
- A Look at Uncommon Onomatopoeia
- Is Singular 'They' a Better Choice?
- Summer 2019 Words of the Day Quiz Take the quiz
- Obscure Shapes Take the quiz
- Spell It Take the quiz
- Citation Play the game