variants: or British bum about
Definition of bum around
1 : to spend time relaxing in (a place) instead of working I spent the whole day just bumming around the house.
2 : to spend time living and traveling in (a place) without a job or much money After graduation, she bummed around Mexico for a while.
Love words? Need even more definitions?Merriam-Webster unabridged
Words at Play
Ask the Editors
- On Contractions of Multiple Words
- A Look at Uncommon Onomatopoeia
- Is Singular 'They' a Better Choice?
- Words from Greek and Latin Quiz Take the quiz
- Name That Thing: Animal Edition Take the quiz
- How Strong Is Your Vocabulary? Take the quiz
- SCRABBLE® Sprint Play the game