variants: or less commonly bullock heart \ ˈ⸗⸗ˌ⸗ \
Definition of bullock's-heart
: a light green to yellow slightly bristly and somewhat acid tropical fruit that turns brown when fully ripe, is closely related to the soursop and sweetsop, and is produced on a small tree (Annona reticulata) native to tropical America but widely cultivated
Keep scrolling for more
Love words? Need even more definitions?Merriam-Webster unabridged
Words at Play
- Hot Enough for You? Words for the Summer Heat
- Where Does 'Run-of-the-Mill' Come From?
- The Provenance of 'Providence'
- The Good, The Bad, & The Semantically Imprecise - 8/16/19
Ask the Editors
- On Contractions of Multiple Words
- A Look at Uncommon Onomatopoeia
- Is Singular 'They' a Better Choice?
- Summer 2019 Words of the Day Quiz Take the quiz
- Obscure Shapes Take the quiz
- True or False? Take the quiz
- Syn City Play the game