Definition of bulk density
Note: The bulk density of a substance is determined by dividing the total mass of the substance by the volume that it occupies. Since the mass is in the form of a number of discrete particles, this value can vary depending on how the particles are arranged and therefore is not necessarily dependent on the physical properties of the material.
Keep scrolling for more
- Is the Word 'Freshman' Going Out of Style?
- The Good, The Bad, & The Semantically Imprecise - 8/23/19
- Getting to the Heart of 'Epicenter'
- 'Conscience' vs. 'Conscious': Let Us Be Your Guide
- On Contractions of Multiple Words
- A Look at Uncommon Onomatopoeia
- Is Singular 'They' a Better Choice?