Definition of bulgogi
: a Korean dish of thinly sliced, marinated beef that is grilled or panfried Bulgogi, a traditional Korean barbecue …, marries the sweetness of sugar and scallion, the spiciness of black pepper and raw garlic, and the earthiness of toasted sesame to create perfectly charred beef with the sugars caramelizing the outside of the meat. Classically, one would wrap this barbecue in lettuce leaves with more garlic, miso paste, and chili, …— Anita Lo, The Advocate, May 2009
Keep scrolling for more
Love words? Need even more definitions?Merriam-Webster unabridged
Words at Play
- The Words of the Week - 6/18/21
- The Disparity Between 'Desperate' and 'Disparate'
- An Impartial View of 'Fair' and 'Fare'
- A Guide to Em Dashes, En Dashes, and Hyphens
Ask the Editors
- Return of Name that Color! Take the quiz
- Name that Thing: Dog Breeds Take the quiz
- How Strong Is Your Vocabulary? Take the quiz
- SCRABBLE® Sprint Play the game