variants: or bulb nematode
Definition of bulb eelworm
: a plant-parasitic nematode (Ditylenchus dipsaci) of the family Tylenchidae that infests bulbs and leaves of numerous plants and is especially destructive to narcissus
Love words? Need even more definitions?Merriam-Webster unabridged
Words at Play
- The Parts of the Fruit: Seed, Pericarp, and More
- The Trick to Choosing 'Pawn Off' or 'Palm Off'
- The Good, The Bad, & The Semantically Imprecise - 9/13/19
- A Guide to Using Colons
Ask the Editors
- On Contractions of Multiple Words
- A Look at Uncommon Onomatopoeia
- Is Singular 'They' a Better Choice?