Definition of builder's jack
1a : a bracket that rests on a windowsill and projects outside for a worker to stand or sit upon in repairing a window
b : a bracket fastened to a wall to support a scaffold
2 : a jack (as a jackscrew) used by builders
Love words? Need even more definitions?Merriam-Webster unabridged
Words at Play
- We Added New Words to the Dictionary for September 2019
- 7 Words Related to "Work"
- The Parts of the Fruit: Seed, Pericarp, and More
- The Trick to Choosing 'Pawn Off' or 'Palm Off'
Ask the Editors
- On Contractions of Multiple Words
- A Look at Uncommon Onomatopoeia
- Is Singular 'They' a Better Choice?