Definition of buffer stock
: a stock of a basic commodity (such as tin) acquired (as by a cartel) in a period of low or unstable prices and distributed in a period of high prices to stabilize the market
Love words? Need even more definitions?Merriam-Webster unabridged
Words at Play
Ask the Editors
- Why Do People Pronounce It "Nucular"?
- On Contractions of Multiple Words
- Is Singular 'They' a Better Choice?
- Word Puzzles Take the quiz
- Where in the World? A Quiz Take the quiz
- Spell It Take the quiz
- Add Diction Play the game