Definition of buffalo fly
: a small gray biting muscid fly (Siphona exigua) widespread in Indo-Malaysia and Australia where it is a major pest of water buffalo and other domestic animals
Love words? Need even more definitions?Merriam-Webster unabridged
Words at Play
Ask the Editors
- Why Do People Pronounce It "Nucular"?
- On Contractions of Multiple Words
- Is Singular 'They' a Better Choice?
- Word Puzzles Take the quiz
- Where in the World? A Quiz Take the quiz
- Spell It Take the quiz
- Add Diction Play the game