buen re·ti·ro | \ ˌbwānrəˈtē(ˌ)rō, ˌbwen- \
Definition of buen retiro
1 : a resting place or retreat
2 usually capitalized B&R [from Buen Retiro, near Madrid, Spain, where it was manufactured] : a soft-paste porcelain produced during the latter half of the 18th century in the private manufactory of the king of Spain
Keep scrolling for more
Love words? Need even more definitions?Merriam-Webster unabridged
Words at Play
Ask the Editors
- Why is there a 'd' in 'fridge' but not in 'refrigerator'?
- 'All Intensive Purposes' or 'All Intents and Purposes'?
- Is Singular 'They' a Better Choice?
- Name that Thing: Dog Breeds Take the quiz
- Words You Should Know Quiz, Vol. 1 Take the quiz
- True or False? Take the quiz
- SCRABBLE® Sprint Play the game