Definition of bud rot
: a plant disease or symptom of disease involving decay of the buds: such as
a : coconut bud rot
b : a disease of carnations caused by an imperfect fungus (Sporotrichum poae) that is carried by mites and produces a rotting of the petals while yet in the bud
Love words? Need even more definitions?Merriam-Webster unabridged
Words at Play
- 7 Words Related to "Work"
- The Parts of the Fruit: Seed, Pericarp, and More
- The Trick to Choosing 'Pawn Off' or 'Palm Off'
- The Good, The Bad, & The Semantically Imprecise - 9/13/19
Ask the Editors
- On Contractions of Multiple Words
- A Look at Uncommon Onomatopoeia
- Is Singular 'They' a Better Choice?