buck·ie | \ ˈbəkē\
Definition of buckie
(Entry 1 of 3)
: a spiral-shelled marine gastropod or its shell especially : red whelk
Definition of buckie (Entry 2 of 3)
: a perverse intractable person
Definition of buckie (Entry 3 of 3)
: alewife sense 1a especially : an alewife smoked for food
Keep scrolling for more
Love words? Need even more definitions?Merriam-Webster unabridged
Words at Play
- Do You 'Rein In' or 'Reign In' Something?
- Tiger Mom, Helicopter Parent, and More Words for Parenting Types
- The Good, The Bad, & The Semantically Imprecise - 6/21/19
- An Overview of the Contronym 'Overlook'
Ask the Editors
- On Contractions of Multiple Words
- A Look at Uncommon Onomatopoeia
- Is Singular 'They' a Better Choice?
- Words for Summer: A Quiz Take the quiz
- Finance Words Quiz Take the quiz
- True or False? Take the quiz
- Word Winder's CrossWinder Play the game