Definition of bucketload
2 informal : a very large amount … lovable bad boys, which it seemed to produce by the bucketload.— Jon Fine, ESPN, 10 Jan. 2000 —often plural … did people expect to make bucketloads of money off independent movies back then?— Anne Stockwell, The Advocate, 30 Mar. 2004
Keep scrolling for more
to mark by some ceremony or observation
Get Word of the Day daily email!
Love words? Need even more definitions?Merriam-Webster unabridged
Words at Play
- The Good, The Bad, & The Semantically Imprecise - 5/24/19
- Summer Reading Picks from Merriam-Webster Staffers
- The Wayward Cousins of 'Irregardless'
- Different Words for Luggage and Baggage
Ask the Editors
- On Contractions of Multiple Words
- A Look at Uncommon Onomatopoeia
- Is Singular 'They' a Better Choice?
- Challenging Vocabulary Quiz Returns! Take the quiz
- Time Traveler Quiz: Which Word Came First? Take the quiz
- How Strong Is Your Vocabulary? Take the quiz
- Syn City Play the game