bubble overintransitive verb
Definition of bubble over
: to be so filled with something (as with emotion, an idea, or information) as to be unable to restrain it from escaping as if in bubbles she came back bubbling over with news especially : to give vent to emotion in a series of impulses he frisked around her bubbling over with joy — Nathaniel Hawthorne
Love words? Need even more definitions?Merriam-Webster unabridged
Words at Play
- Where Does 'Run-of-the-Mill' Come From?
- The Provenance of 'Providence'
- The Good, The Bad, & The Semantically Imprecise - 8/16/19
- Lovelock to Trichologist: 8 Words About Hair
Ask the Editors
- On Contractions of Multiple Words
- A Look at Uncommon Onomatopoeia
- Is Singular 'They' a Better Choice?
- Summer 2019 Words of the Day Quiz Take the quiz
- Obscure Shapes Take the quiz
- How Strong Is Your Vocabulary? Take the quiz
- SCRABBLE® Sprint Play the game