bry·an·thus | \ brīˈan(t)thəs\
Definition of bryanthus
1 capitalized : a genus of Old World prostrate mat-forming evergreen heaths (family Ericaceae) with 4-parted flowers in racemes that was formerly included in Phyllodoce
2 plural bryanthuses\ -thəsə̇z\ also bryanthi\ -nˌthī\ : any plant of the genus Bryanthus or sometimes of the genus Phyllodoce
Keep scrolling for more
Love words? Need even more definitions?Merriam-Webster unabridged
Words at Play
- The Provenance of 'Providence'
- The Good, The Bad, & The Semantically Imprecise - 8/16/19
- Lovelock to Trichologist: 8 Words About Hair
- The Haiku That Can Pay You Contest Winners
Ask the Editors
- On Contractions of Multiple Words
- A Look at Uncommon Onomatopoeia
- Is Singular 'They' a Better Choice?