brown tree snakenoun
Definition of brown tree snake
: a large mildly venomous arboreal colubrid snake (Boiga irregularis) of northern Australia, New Guinea, and the Solomon Islands that has been accidentally introduced into other areas (such as Guam)
Keep scrolling for more
Love words? Need even more definitions?Merriam-Webster unabridged
Words at Play
- The Parts of the Fruit: Seed, Pericarp, and More
- The Trick to Choosing 'Pawn Off' or 'Palm Off'
- The Good, The Bad, & The Semantically Imprecise - 9/13/19
- A Guide to Using Colons
Ask the Editors
- On Contractions of Multiple Words
- A Look at Uncommon Onomatopoeia
- Is Singular 'They' a Better Choice?