brown root rotnoun
Definition of brown root rot
1 : a disease that most frequently affects plants of the pea, potato, and cucumber families, is caused by a fungus (Thielavia basicola), and is characterized by brown to blackish discoloration of the roots and stem base accompanied by decay of these parts
2 : a disease of tobacco and other plants comparable to brown root rot of fungus origin and believed to be caused by attack of meadow nematodes
Love words? Need even more definitions?Merriam-Webster unabridged
- The Provenance of 'Providence'
- The Good, The Bad, & The Semantically Imprecise - 8/16/19
- Lovelock to Trichologist: 8 Words About Hair
- The Haiku That Can Pay You Contest Winners
- On Contractions of Multiple Words
- A Look at Uncommon Onomatopoeia
- Is Singular 'They' a Better Choice?