Definition of brown heart
1 : acapu
2a : a physiological disease of stored apples and pears caused by too great a concentration of carbon dioxide and characterized by internal browning
b : a disease of turnips and related plants caused by a deficiency of boron and characterized by gray or brownish mottling of the outer xylem region of the root
Love words? Need even more definitions?Merriam-Webster unabridged
Words at Play
Ask the Editors
- Why Do People Pronounce It "Nucular"?
- On Contractions of Multiple Words
- Is Singular 'They' a Better Choice?
- Word Puzzles Take the quiz
- Where in the World? A Quiz Take the quiz
- Spell It Take the quiz
- Syn City Play the game