Definition of brown body
1 : a body formed in many bryozoans by the degenerating internal organs and believed to have an excretory function
2 : one of numerous flattened or ovoid dark masses in the posterior segments of earthworms resulting from the breakdown of amoebocytes and their included debris
Love words? Need even more definitions?Merriam-Webster unabridged
Words at Play
- We Added New Words to the Dictionary for September 2019
- 7 Words Related to "Work"
- The Parts of the Fruit: Seed, Pericarp, and More
- The Trick to Choosing 'Pawn Off' or 'Palm Off'
Ask the Editors
- On Contractions of Multiple Words
- A Look at Uncommon Onomatopoeia
- Is Singular 'They' a Better Choice?