variants: or less commonly broom snakeroot
Definition of broom snakeweed
: a low-growing, composite, resinous shrub (Gutierrezia sarothrae) of dry soils of western North America that has narrow, linear leaves and heads of small, yellow flowers and may be toxic to livestock
— called also broomweed, brownweed
to affect and impair by alcohol or a drug
Get Word of the Day daily email!
Love words? Need even more definitions?Merriam-Webster unabridged
Words at Play
Ask the Editors
- On Contractions of Multiple Words
- A Look at Uncommon Onomatopoeia
- Is Singular 'They' a Better Choice?
- Words from Greek and Latin Quiz Take the quiz
- Name That Thing: Animal Edition Take the quiz
- True or False? Take the quiz
- Syn City Play the game