variants: or less commonly broom snakeroot
Definition of broom snakeweed
: a low-growing, composite, resinous shrub (Gutierrezia sarothrae) of dry soils of western North America that has narrow, linear leaves and heads of small, yellow flowers and may be toxic to livestock
— called also broomweed, brownweed
Love words? Need even more definitions?Merriam-Webster unabridged
Words at Play
- The Good, The Bad, & The Semantically Imprecise - 10/18/19
- Noah Webster's Spelling Wins and Fails
- The Disputed Origins of the 'Egg Cream'
- At the Root of ‘Cubicle’
Ask the Editors
- Why Do People Pronounce It "Nucular"?
- On Contractions of Multiple Words
- Is Singular 'They' a Better Choice?
- Where in the World? A Quiz Take the quiz
- Advanced Vocabulary Quiz Take the quiz
- Spell It Take the quiz
- Bee Cubed Play the game