Definition of brook grass
: an aquatic perennial grass (Catabrosa aquatica) that is widely distributed in the northern hemisphere and sometimes used for pasture, that roots at the lower nodes, and that has overlapping leaf sheaths, soft flat leaves, and a pyramidal inflorescence
to affect and impair by alcohol or a drug
Get Word of the Day daily email!
Love words? Need even more definitions?Merriam-Webster unabridged
Words at Play
Ask the Editors
- On Contractions of Multiple Words
- A Look at Uncommon Onomatopoeia
- Is Singular 'They' a Better Choice?
- Words from Greek and Latin Quiz Take the quiz
- Name That Thing: Animal Edition Take the quiz
- Name That Thing Take the quiz
- Word Winder's CrossWinder Play the game