Definition of bridge rectifier
: a full wave rectifier consisting of four rectifiers connected in the form of a bridge, in which two pairs of rectifying elements are used, each pair being in series and connected to the input in opposite polarity to the other pair, the output being derived from the center points of the two pairs
an act or instance of returning to life
Get Word of the Day daily email!
Love words? Need even more definitions?Merriam-Webster unabridged
Words at Play
Ask the Editors
- On Contractions of Multiple Words
- A Look at Uncommon Onomatopoeia
- Is Singular 'They' a Better Choice?
- Words from Greek and Latin Quiz Take the quiz
- Name That Thing: Animal Edition Take the quiz
- Name That Thing Take the quiz
- SCRABBLE® Sprint Play the game