breathe (new) life intoidiom
Definition of breathe (new) life into
: to give new energy and excitement to (something) She is credited with breathing new life into contemporary art. The singer managed to breathe life into some tired old songs.
Love words? Need even more definitions?Merriam-Webster unabridged
Words at Play
Ask the Editors
- On Contractions of Multiple Words
- A Look at Uncommon Onomatopoeia
- Is Singular 'They' a Better Choice?
- Where in the World? A Quiz Take the quiz
- Advanced Vocabulary Quiz Take the quiz
- Spell It Take the quiz
- Add Diction Play the game