plural bravos or bravoes
Definition of bravo (Entry 2 of 4)
: a shout of approval —often used interjectionally in applauding a performance
Definition of bravo (Entry 3 of 4)
: to applaud by shouts of bravo
Bravocommunications code word
Definition of Bravo (Entry 4 of 4)
—used as a code word for the letter b
Keep scrolling for more
Love words? Need even more definitions?Merriam-Webster unabridged
Words at Play
- We Added New Words to the Dictionary for September 2019
- 7 Words Related to "Work"
- The Parts of the Fruit: Seed, Pericarp, and More
- The Trick to Choosing 'Pawn Off' or 'Palm Off'
Ask the Editors
- On Contractions of Multiple Words
- A Look at Uncommon Onomatopoeia
- Is Singular 'They' a Better Choice?