bras·sid·ic acid | \ (ˈ)bra¦sidik-\
Definition of brassidic acid
: a white crystalline acid C8H17CH=CH(CH2)11COOH stereoisomeric with erucic acid and formed from it (as by treatment with nitrous acid)
Keep scrolling for more
to affect and impair by alcohol or a drug
Get Word of the Day daily email!
Love words? Need even more definitions?Merriam-Webster unabridged
Words at Play
Ask the Editors
- On Contractions of Multiple Words
- A Look at Uncommon Onomatopoeia
- Is Singular 'They' a Better Choice?
- Words from Greek and Latin Quiz Take the quiz
- Name That Thing: Animal Edition Take the quiz
- True or False? Take the quiz
- Syn City Play the game