Definition of bowrider
: a recreational motorboat that has a pointed bow with a seating area in front of the helm Call it America's boat. The bowrider, invented specifically to appeal to families who boat on the lakes and rivers of our Heartland, is the most popular pleasure craft in the country, accounting for 59 percent of all stern drive boats sold.— Charles Plueddeman, Boating, February 1999
Keep scrolling for more
Love words? Need even more definitions?Merriam-Webster unabridged
Words at Play
- We Added New Words to the Dictionary for September 2019
- 7 Words Related to "Work"
- The Parts of the Fruit: Seed, Pericarp, and More
- The Trick to Choosing 'Pawn Off' or 'Palm Off'
Ask the Editors
- On Contractions of Multiple Words
- A Look at Uncommon Onomatopoeia
- Is Singular 'They' a Better Choice?