Definition of bowhunting
- When Prenzlow questioned the hunter, he admitted that he had just killed an elk—but legally, by bowhunting.
- —Fred Quartarone, Colorado Outdoors, January 1992
bowhuntplay \ˈbō-ˌhənt\ verb, transitive + intransitive bowhunted; bowhunting; bowhunts
- He's bowhunted whitetails, elk, and bears across the country.
- —Bill Winke, Field & Stream, September 2007
- … was just returning from a hunting trip in Arizona, where he had bowhunted for black bear.
- —Carl Sampson, Statesman Journal (Salem, Oregon), 1 June 2011
bowhunternoun, plural bowhunters
- The public image of a bowhunter involves great strength with which to draw his bow.
- —Doug Kittredge, Bow & Arrow, September 1967