bow down to (someone or something)idiom
Definition of bow down to (someone or something)
: to show weakness by agreeing to the demands or following the orders of (someone or something) I will bow down to no one. The government is refusing to bow down to pressure to lift the sanctions.
Love words? Need even more definitions?Merriam-Webster unabridged
Words at Play
- 'Bounty Hunter': A Hollywood Invention
- Casting Light on 'Angel'
- Words We're Watching: 'Lewk'
- The Good, The Bad, & The Semantically Imprecise - 11/8/19
Ask the Editors
- Confusing Words—A Quiz Take the quiz
- Here Be Dragons: A Creature Identification Quiz Take the quiz
- Spell It Take the quiz
- Add Diction Play the game