bottle upphrasal verb
Definition of bottle up
: to keep (a feeling or emotion) inside instead of expressing it : to hide (a feeling or emotion) She's kept her feelings about the accident bottled up for too long. I know he's angry, but he bottles it up inside instead of talking to someone about it.
Love words? Need even more definitions?Merriam-Webster unabridged
Words at Play
Ask the Editors
- On Contractions of Multiple Words
- A Look at Uncommon Onomatopoeia
- Is Singular 'They' a Better Choice?
- Words from Greek and Latin Quiz Take the quiz
- Name That Thing: Animal Edition Take the quiz
- True or False? Take the quiz
- Bee Cubed Play the game