borrow/take a page from someone's bookidiom
Definition of borrow/take a page from someone's book
: to do the same thing that someone else has done You may want to borrow/take a page from his book and study harder for your finals.
Love words? Need even more definitions?Merriam-Webster unabridged
Words at Play
Ask the Editors
- On Contractions of Multiple Words
- A Look at Uncommon Onomatopoeia
- Is Singular 'They' a Better Choice?
- Where in the World? A Quiz Take the quiz
- Advanced Vocabulary Quiz Take the quiz
- Spell It Take the quiz
- Bee Cubed Play the game