Definition of bool
(Entry 1 of 3)
dialectal variant of bowl
Definition of bool (Entry 2 of 3)
1 dialectal, British : any of various objects with a curve or bend (such as a semicircular handle, the bow of a key or scissors)
2 dialectal, British : a wooden hoop forming part of the framework of a basket
3 : a hoop for rolling
Definition of bool (Entry 3 of 3)
: a child's marble
Keep scrolling for more
Love words? Need even more definitions?Merriam-Webster unabridged
Words at Play
- Words We're Watching: 'Samesies'
- The Good, The Bad, & The Semantically Imprecise - 10/18/19
- Noah Webster's Spelling Wins and Fails
- The Disputed Origins of the 'Egg Cream'
Ask the Editors
- Why Do People Pronounce It "Nucular"?
- On Contractions of Multiple Words
- Is Singular 'They' a Better Choice?
- Where in the World? A Quiz Take the quiz
- Advanced Vocabulary Quiz Take the quiz
- Spell It Take the quiz
- Dictionary Devil Play the game