Definition of book tile
: a flat clay building tile that has hollow sections, that is usually 2 to 3 inches thick, 12 inches wide, and from 16 to 24 inches long, and that is shaped roughly like a closed book so that adjoining pieces fit into each other
Love words? Need even more definitions?Merriam-Webster unabridged
Words at Play
Ask the Editors
- Why Do People Pronounce It "Nucular"?
- On Contractions of Multiple Words
- Is Singular 'They' a Better Choice?
- Word Puzzles Take the quiz
- Where in the World? A Quiz Take the quiz
- Spell It Take the quiz
- Syn City Play the game