variants: or less commonly bolty \ ˈbōltē \ or bulti \ ˈbu̇l- \
plural boltis also bolties
Definition of bolti
: a cichlid food fish (Tilapia nilotica) of the Nile and other rivers of Africa and Asia Minor
Keep scrolling for more
Love words? Need even more definitions?Merriam-Webster unabridged
Words at Play
Ask the Editors
- Why is there a 'd' in 'fridge' but not in 'refrigerator'?
- 'All Intensive Purposes' or 'All Intents and Purposes'?
- Is Singular 'They' a Better Choice?
- Name that Thing: Dog Breeds Take the quiz
- Words You Should Know Quiz, Vol. 1 Take the quiz
- Name That Thing Take the quiz
- Word Winder's CrossWinder Play the game