bois brûlénoun, often capitalized both Bs
bois brû·lé | \ ˌbwäbrüˈlā\
plural bois brûlés\ -ˈlā(z) \
Definition of bois brûlé
1 : an offspring of an American Indian and a person of European and especially French ancestry in Canada
2 : brûlé
Keep scrolling for more
Love words? Need even more definitions?Merriam-Webster unabridged
Words at Play
- Where Does 'Run-of-the-Mill' Come From?
- The Provenance of 'Providence'
- The Good, The Bad, & The Semantically Imprecise - 8/16/19
- Lovelock to Trichologist: 8 Words About Hair
Ask the Editors
- On Contractions of Multiple Words
- A Look at Uncommon Onomatopoeia
- Is Singular 'They' a Better Choice?
- Summer 2019 Words of the Day Quiz Take the quiz
- Obscure Shapes Take the quiz
- How Strong Is Your Vocabulary? Take the quiz
- Syn City Play the game