Definition of body shaper
: a tight-fitting undergarment designed to smooth and shape the body Body shapers use extra spandex and tightly knit yarns to tuck in or push up body parts. — Consumer Reports, February 1999 Body shapers come in different shapes, styles and sizes and are not just for wearing under dresses. — Nikki Boertman, Commercial Appeal (Memphis, Tennessee), 22 Apr. 2012
Keep scrolling for more
Love words? Need even more definitions?Merriam-Webster unabridged
Words at Play
- 'Conscience' vs. 'Conscious': Let Us Be Your Guide
- Hot Enough for You? Words for the Summer Heat
- Where Does 'Run-of-the-Mill' Come From?
- The Provenance of 'Providence'
Ask the Editors
- On Contractions of Multiple Words
- A Look at Uncommon Onomatopoeia
- Is Singular 'They' a Better Choice?
- Summer 2019 Words of the Day Quiz Take the quiz
- Obscure Shapes Take the quiz
- How Strong Is Your Vocabulary? Take the quiz
- SCRABBLE® Sprint Play the game