Definition of body man
- … the body man works a smooth-ended instrument forcefully along the dent so that the sheet metal slowly resumes its original form.
- —Frank R. Hotchkiss, Washington Times, 16 Nov. 2001
- Every modern presidential candidate has a factotum, or “body man,” typically an ambitious Washington junkie, overqualified to schlep bags but eager to shake high-powered hands.
- —Jodi Wilgoren, New York Times, 28 Apr. 2004
- … he costars as Gary Walsh, the loyal assistant who serves as “the body man,” i.e. the person who totes the veep's papers and accessories and whispers handy reminders when she doesn't know someone's name.
- —Julie Hinds, Detroit Free Press, 22 Apr. 2012