Definition of boatheader
: one that is in charge of a whaleboat or a small boat putting off from a larger boat in the cod or halibut fisheries especially : an officer who stands in the stern sheets of a whaleboat and manipulates the steering oar and lances the harpooned whale
to affect and impair by alcohol or a drug
Get Word of the Day daily email!
Love words? Need even more definitions?Merriam-Webster unabridged
Words at Play
Ask the Editors
- On Contractions of Multiple Words
- A Look at Uncommon Onomatopoeia
- Is Singular 'They' a Better Choice?
- Words from Greek and Latin Quiz Take the quiz
- Name That Thing: Animal Edition Take the quiz
- True or False? Take the quiz
- Syn City Play the game