Definition of boat form
: one of the stereochemical conformations of a strainless 6-membered ring (such as a cyclohexane ring) in which two atoms directly opposite each other in the ring are above the plane containing the other four atoms — compare chair form
to form ideas or theories about something
Get Word of the Day daily email!
Love words? Need even more definitions?Merriam-Webster unabridged
Words at Play
Ask the Editors
- On Contractions of Multiple Words
- A Look at Uncommon Onomatopoeia
- Is Singular 'They' a Better Choice?
- Farm Idioms Quiz Take the quiz
- Up in the Sky: A Quiz Take the quiz
- Name That Thing Take the quiz
- Bee Cubed Play the game