Definition of boat bug
1 : any of numerous aquatic hemipterous insects (family Corixidae) having one pair of legs that resemble long oarlike paddles
2 : back swimmer
Love words? Need even more definitions?Merriam-Webster unabridged
Words at Play
Ask the Editors
- Why Do People Pronounce It "Nucular"?
- On Contractions of Multiple Words
- Is Singular 'They' a Better Choice?
- Word Puzzles Take the quiz
- Where in the World? A Quiz Take the quiz
- Spell It Take the quiz
- Add Diction Play the game