board of estimatenoun
Definition of board of estimate
: a board that is responsible for the direction of fiscal affairs of a city (such as New York) and usually consists of the mayor, the president of the council, and the chief fiscal officer
Love words? Need even more definitions?Merriam-Webster unabridged
Words at Play
Ask the Editors
- Why Do People Pronounce It "Nucular"?
- On Contractions of Multiple Words
- Is Singular 'They' a Better Choice?
- Word Puzzles Take the quiz
- Where in the World? A Quiz Take the quiz
- Spell It Take the quiz
- Add Diction Play the game