board aroundintransitive verb
Definition of board around
: to board at a succession of houses in a community as part of one's compensation in the early U.S. country teachers and ministers used to board around
an act or instance of returning to life
Get Word of the Day daily email!
Love words? Need even more definitions?Merriam-Webster unabridged
Words at Play
Ask the Editors
- On Contractions of Multiple Words
- A Look at Uncommon Onomatopoeia
- Is Singular 'They' a Better Choice?
- Words from Greek and Latin Quiz Take the quiz
- Name That Thing: Animal Edition Take the quiz
- True or False? Take the quiz
- Word Winder's CrossWinder Play the game