variants: or blue-breasted darter \ ˈ⸗ˌ⸗⸗- \
Definition of bluebreast darter
: a brilliantly colored darter (Poecilichthys camurus) of clear swift streams from Lake Erie to Tennessee
to form ideas or theories about something
Get Word of the Day daily email!
Love words? Need even more definitions?Merriam-Webster unabridged
Words at Play
Ask the Editors
- On Contractions of Multiple Words
- A Look at Uncommon Onomatopoeia
- Is Singular 'They' a Better Choice?
- Farm Idioms Quiz Take the quiz
- Up in the Sky: A Quiz Take the quiz
- True or False? Take the quiz
- Word Winder's CrossWinder Play the game