plural bluebird days
Definition of bluebird day
: a day marked by cloudless blue skies … the cotton-wool-like cloud that covered the sun passed, and the sun's rays warmed us again. The fishermen talked of this bluebird day, this day with the warm sun and calm water—a summer lagniappe.— Mollie C. Webster Above, stars wink a promise of another bluebird day.— Laura Cencigh-Albulario Fresh snow and a bluebird day make for a stunning day in Yellowstone National Park. — Federal NewsFeed
Keep scrolling for more
Love words? Need even more definitions?Merriam-Webster unabridged
Words at Play
- Is the Word 'Freshman' Going Out of Style?
- The Good, The Bad, & The Semantically Imprecise - 8/23/19
- Getting to the Heart of 'Epicenter'
- 'Conscience' vs. 'Conscious': Let Us Be Your Guide
Ask the Editors
- On Contractions of Multiple Words
- A Look at Uncommon Onomatopoeia
- Is Singular 'They' a Better Choice?
- Summer 2019 Words of the Day Quiz Take the quiz
- Obscure Shapes Take the quiz
- True or False? Take the quiz
- Word Winder's CrossWinder Play the game