Definition of bloody hand
1 : a hand stained with deer's blood being sufficient evidence in old English forest laws of a man's trespass in the forest against venison
2 heraldry : a red hand (as in the arms of Ulster) that is now the distinguishing mark of a baronet of the United Kingdom or of Ireland
Love words? Need even more definitions?Merriam-Webster unabridged
Words at Play
- Where Does 'Run-of-the-Mill' Come From?
- The Provenance of 'Providence'
- The Good, The Bad, & The Semantically Imprecise - 8/16/19
- Lovelock to Trichologist: 8 Words About Hair
Ask the Editors
- On Contractions of Multiple Words
- A Look at Uncommon Onomatopoeia
- Is Singular 'They' a Better Choice?