Definition of blockfront
1 : a front (as of a chest of drawers or a desk) characterized by a sunken center panel flanked on either side by a raised panel
2 : the frontage of a block : one side (such as the main side) of a block with a portion of land abutting especially when considered as the site of a single building the structure is going on the north blockfront of the street
a sum of money that is sent as a payment
Get Word of the Day daily email!
Love words? Need even more definitions?Merriam-Webster unabridged
Words at Play
Ask the Editors
- On Contractions of Multiple Words
- A Look at Uncommon Onomatopoeia
- Is Singular 'They' a Better Choice?
- Time Traveler Quiz: Which Word Came First? Take the quiz
- Slippery Words Quiz—Changing with the Times Take the quiz
- Spell It Take the quiz
- SCRABBLE® Sprint Play the game