block printtransitive verb
Definition of block print
(Entry 1 of 2)
1a : to print (something, such as a book) from hand-cut wooden blocks —used chiefly of printers' practice before the general adoption of movable types
b : to print from blocks a linen scarf block printed in black
2 : to write in block letters it may be easier to block print the lessons at first
Definition of block print (Entry 2 of 2)
1 : a large founding core print the impression of which receives a core that also replaces a part of the mold
2 : a print produced by block printing
Love words? Need even more definitions?Merriam-Webster unabridged
Words at Play
- The Good, The Bad, & The Semantically Imprecise - 10/18/19
- Noah Webster's Spelling Wins and Fails
- The Disputed Origins of the 'Egg Cream'
- At the Root of ‘Cubicle’
Ask the Editors
- Why Do People Pronounce It "Nucular"?
- On Contractions of Multiple Words
- Is Singular 'They' a Better Choice?
- Where in the World? A Quiz Take the quiz
- Advanced Vocabulary Quiz Take the quiz
- Spell It Take the quiz
- Citation Play the game