block inphrasal verb
blocked in; blocking in; blocks in
Definition of block in
: to put something in front of (someone or something) so that person or thing cannot move freely My car is blocked in. Security guards blocked me in. and I could not get close to the celebrity.
Love words? Need even more definitions?Merriam-Webster unabridged
Words at Play
Ask the Editors
- On Contractions of Multiple Words
- A Look at Uncommon Onomatopoeia
- Is Singular 'They' a Better Choice?
- What's that Smell?! Quiz Take the quiz
- Farm Idioms Quiz Take the quiz
- How Strong Is Your Vocabulary? Take the quiz
- Dictionary Devil Play the game